News From The AGM
Sat 13th June 2015 | General | By Martin Fallon
Below are the main points from the North West Counties Football League's Annual General Meeting in Blackpool.
The constitution as known as present is as as follows:
- Glossop North End have resigned from the league after winning promotion to the Northern Premier League during the 2014/15 season. They will play in the Premier Division.
- Padiham are welcomed back into the league from the Northern Premier League. They will play in the Premier Division.
- Atherton Collieries and Cammell Laird 1907 are promoted from the First Division to the Premier Division.
- Bacup Borough and St Helens Town are relegated from the Premier Division to the First Division.
- Stockport Town have been placed into the League by the FA's National Leagues Commitee. They will play in the First Division.
- Wigan Robin Park and Oldham Borough have resigned from the League (See main article here).
As well as this, the full constitution of the League cannot be ratified by the Football Association at this present time. This is two fold. Firstly the AGM of the Northern Premier League is not held until next weekend. Secondly Whitchurch Alport, who were denied entry to the league by the FA's National Leagues Commitee, are appealing against this decision and their appeal is not held until 26th June 2015.
Because the constitution is still unknown, the cup draws for the MEN United Cup and the Reusch First Division Cup cannot take place. These will be done at a later date.
Gary Langley, from Litherland REMYCA FC, is elected to the League Management Committee. There are still three vacancies on the League Management Committee. If you are interested, please contact League Secretary John Deal.
Following a discussion regarding changes to the play off system, a vote was taken that the play off system remains in place in the current format (involving 3rd to 6th in the First Division). This was passed by a majority vote.
A vote was taken that the Play Offs would come under Cup rule 20 instead of being treated as a league game. This was passed by a majority vote.
The following awards were presented:
- 1874 NORTHWICH - Premier Division Club of the Month April 2015
- CAMMELL LAIRD 1907 - First Division Club of the Month April 2015
- ISAAC KUSALOKA OF ASHTON ATHLETIC - Premier Division Player of the Month April 2015
- DAN COUNTER OF ECCLESHALL - First Division Player of the Month April 2015
- JAY FOULDS OF ASHTON ATHLETIC - Premier Division Goalkeeper of the Month April 2015
- AARON ASHLEY OF DAISY HILL - First Division Goalkeeper of the Month April 2015
- ASHTON ATHLETIC - Premier Division Respect Award Winners
- ATHERTON LR - First Division Respect Award Winners
Chairman Dave Tomlinson closed the meeting at 12.20pm