News From The AGM
Sat 11th June 2016 | General | By Martin Fallon
Below are the main points from the Hallmark Security League's Annual General Meeting in Blackpool.
The constitution as known as present is as as follows:
- Colne have resigned from the league after winning promotion to the Northern Premier League during the 2015/16 season.
- New Mills are welcomed back into the league from the Northern Premier League. They will play in the Premier Division.
- Hanley Town, Irlam and Barnton are promoted from the First Division to the Premier Division.
- AFC Blackpool, Silsden and Alsager Town are relegated from the Premier Division to the First Division.
- Carlisle City, Charnock Richard, Prestwich Heys and Sandbach United have been promoted to the league from Step 7 leagues. They will all play in the First Division.
- City of Liverpool and FC Oswestry Town have been placed into the League by the FA's National Leagues Commitee. They will both play in the First Division.
- Northwich Manchester Villa have resigned from the League.
The full constitution of the League cannot be ratified by the Football Association at this present time. This is two fold. Firstly the AGM of the Northern Premier League is not held until next weekend. Secondly Rochdale Town, who were removed from the league due to ground grading issues by to the league by the FA's National Leagues Commitee, have appealed this decision and their appeal is not held until after the AGM.
Because the constitution is still unknown, the cup draws for the Macron Challenge Cup and the Reusch First Division Cup cannot take place. These will be done at a later date.
Chris Stirrup, from AFC Liverpool, is elected to the League Management Committee. Andy Nelson and Glyn Jones have also been appointed onto the League Management Committee as Full Members after being co-opted on during the season.
Chairman Paul Lawler closed the meeting at 11.43am.
The League's Annual Dinner is this evening when all awards will be presented to clubs and players.